July 22, 2021 (IANSlife) Monsoon comes with its own sets of concerns. While building on immunity has been the topic of discussion for the past one year, monsoons tend to affect the immunity and the body is susceptible to health issues and prone to infections.
Mumbai based Nutritionist and Lifestyle Educator Karishma Chawla shares a Monsoon food guide and how one can include the right foods to boost one's immunity this season and keep them warm.
Sharing a few guidelines as hereunder:
1. Add immune booster foods
2. Keep hydration levels high.
3. Add garlic, turmeric in daily foods to enhance immunity
4. Add a probiotic – yogurt in the diet
5. Include warm foods like protein – lean meats ( egg whites and chicken ) and fibre- fruits and vegetables to keep the body warm
6. Indulge in seasonal fruits
7. Avoid raw foods
8. Wash vegetables well before cooking
9. Make sure to have your multivitamin and antioxidant supplements everyday
10. Make sure to have omega 3 supplement everyday
TO DO OR NOT TO?
With monsoon comes the unwanted cravings and refined foods, salty and spicy foods are consumed which can lead to water retention and unhealthy body fat percentages. However, it is important to realize, that a season cannot put a break to your fitness goals. Therefore, it is imperative to follow the optimal level plan of fitness which comprises of:
WATER RETENTION GUIDELINES:
(This article is website exclusive and cannot be reproduced without the permission of IANSlife)
Puja Gupta can be contacted at puja.g@ians