By Puja Gupta
November 13, 2020 (IANSlife) Amid an ongoing pandemic, various studies have revealed that people with diabetic conditions are at a higher risk of severe clinical outcomes of COVID-19.
Practo witnessed a substantial increase of 1200 percent in the number of diabetes queries since last year. This was followed with a growing wave of people seeking medical help for diabetes, especially after the disease came under the spotlight since the COVID-19 outbreak. While diabetes is becoming a global health issue, it is vital to know the details as it comes with lot of myths. On ‘World Diabetes Day’, Diabetologist at Practo bursts six common myths about diabetes.
1 ONLY OLDER PEOPLE GET DIABETES
2. DIABETES MEDICINES SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FOR LONG AS THEY DAMAGE KIDNEYS
3. FASTING AND 2 HOUR POST LUNCH REPORTS ARE WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS, I NEEDN'T WORRY
4. DIABETES AFFECTS ONLY THOSE WHO EAT MORE SUGAR
5. A SPECIAL DIET IS REQUIRED FOR DIABETICS
6. INSULIN WILL DAMAGE MY BODY