By IANSlife Features
November 14, 2019 (IANSlife) Gaurav Gupta is one of the few designers in the county who offers up-to-date and chic bridal ensembles. They are contemporary, stylish and guess what... they can be worn often and not just heirlooms to be put into storage after your big day.
A Gaurav Gupta bride is “someone who is charismatic, graceful, yet playful, modern, well-travelled and a progressive, philosophical intellectual who wants to have fun. She is someone who wants to waltz in the prismatic corridors of the Hall of Mirrors in multi-layered, cascading couture embellished with feathers and glass beads, looking like an ethereal goddess,” says the designer.
He feels a GG (Gaurav Gupta) bride, “is liberated with a sense of elation and rhythm. With an unbridled elegance, she embodies the fundamentals of infinity and poise. She appreciates art and the finer details in life.”
The designer who has been busy opening stores in Kolkata and Hyderabad, took out time between bridal appointments to share some bridal trends for the upcoming season:
1. Original and new-age-never-seen-before concepts/styles will be quite the rage
2. Sophisticated colours like champagne, ecru, rosewood pink, soft violets, silvers and greys should be the top picks as they are universal
3. Lightweight corseted sareesis perfect for the brides who want to have fun and are always on the go. These ensembles will look stunning especially at beach destination weddings
4. Functionality is the biggest trend this season. Brides do not want to dress in garments that are weigh them down and those that can only be worn once. Whether it’s adding dramatic bustles to control the drama quotient of your outfit or to ensure repeat value of your W-day outfit, they prefer 'functionality'.
5. Minimalism is key whether it’s the colour palette or choice of silhouettes and fabrics. What should be on the forefront is one’s personality and their authentic self.
(This article is website exclusive and cannot be reproduced without the permission of IANSlife)
IANSlife can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by Aditi Roy